- All Products
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- Complete Carrie ten Boom's video anthology
- Scene Selection
- Cast and Crew Filmography
- Original Behind-the-scenes footage
- Photo gallery
- Languages available: English 5.1, English 2.0, French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish
- Subtitled Language: English
Vendor: Wesscott Marketing
Availability: In Stock
chuckHollywood, FlAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5disc 2 was worth the price.September 30, 2013chuckHollywood, FlAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5
If only most of us Christians had as strong of a faith as this family did through the most extreme trials. The film is a great example of faith at its ultimate best with the strength the Lord gives if allowed. An encouraging film for those who want to see a mature Christ like faith in action. Disc 2 was for me an added bonus to get more insight to this family of faith. Every Christian should have this in their library.
LolivPuerto RicoAge: 35-44Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Awesome product. A great movie for collection.August 6, 2013LolivPuerto RicoAge: 35-44Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5
It is a great movie. When I was a kid I saw it once & I kept the wish to see it again. I'm so happy with this purchase. Thanks.
Julie in MNMinnesotaAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Appreciate all the extrasNovember 11, 2012Julie in MNMinnesotaAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5
I was looking at purchasing the DVD vs. watching it online, and ended up at the Hiding Place Museum website, where they mentioned that this DVD had extras and so I decided on purchasing for that reason. (I'm not sure if the Museum gets a percentage when you purchase this way, but it might be worth a try.)
There are 2 DVDs inside, and on the extra one, I valued seeing more of Corrie in real life, including:
1. A film of Corrie visiting the set of the Hiding Place film, interacting with the creation of the film, and seeming to give her blessing on the actors and the story being true to her experience.
2. A section called "Corrie's biography" that includes a film made by Corrie for prisoners, sharing her own experiences and how they brought her closer to God.
3. "Corrie's bio" also has a story of her life, with the actress who played her explaining some of her life, showing her home in the US. She also has films of Corrie telling a little of her experiences in the past, showing some of her experience getting a pacemaker and things about the end of her life, plus a lot of Corrie's very practical life illustrations of her faith.
4. "Corrie's bio" also has a film celebrating Corrie, where the MC brought various people in her life onto the stage. It was a big rush to fit so much into an hour, but very nice to see a few of the real people in her life back then and now, and to see the impact Corrie has had on so many (and a funny story about the ten Booms).
NanniBakersfield, CAAge: Over 65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5The Hiding PlaceAugust 25, 2012NanniBakersfield, CAAge: Over 65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5
Loved it! I read the book years ago and enjoyed it; however, the movie brings it to life. Knowing that Corrie ten Boom shared the story herself gave it authenticity. My husband enjoyed it, too. Unfortunately, people have already forgotten about the terror the Jews endured; this true-life story is not only educational, but a great reminder of what actually happened and it can not be disputed.
SueSAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5It was a great movieMarch 3, 2012SueSAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5
Great movie. Watched it with my Sunday School class pf 5th and 6th graders. Very thought provoking for discussion of what the cost is, can be, to follow Christ