- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|/preview/34/77/331933_1.mp3||1. Author Interview||Product Editor||?||Album Only|
|/preview/18/76/939802_1_720X405.mp4http://g.christianbook.com/g/media_resource_attributes/30/69/939802_1_vthumb.png/media_resource_attributes/30/70/939802_1_vposter.pnglisting||1. Not A Fan - Lesson One||media||Kyle Idleman||?|
This unconventional small group experience is a cinematic journey through a series of six mini-movies providing a unique perspective to help shape today’s believer into a first century Christ-follower. Follow the journey of Eric Nelson, a man leading a compartmentalized triple life as a pleasure-seeking rebel, a cutthroat corporate executive, and a nominal Christian. When confronted with a near death experience, Eric embarks on a spiritual journey that transforms his commitment to Jesus Christ and tests the faith of his friends and family.
Study Kit Includes:
- Small Group Leader’s DVD Tutorial
- Six 30-minute lessons of cinematic story telling
- Easy-to-follow Leader’s Guide for facilitating your small group gathering
- Thought provoking 42-day Follower’s Journal designed to assist you and your group in your journey
Vendor: City on a Hill
Availability: In Stock
Not a Fan: Becoming a Completely Committed Follower of JesusKyle IdlemanZondervan / 2011 / Trade Paperback$5.00 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 338 Reviews
$14.99Save 67% ($9.99)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW331933Video
Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American DreamDavid PlattMultnomah Books / 2010 / Trade Paperback$8.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 279 Reviews
$14.99Save 43% ($6.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW422211Video
GarbenAge: 25-34Gender: female4 Stars Out Of 5Great StudyNovember 1, 2014GarbenAge: 25-34Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5We used this study for a combined high school and young adult Sunday School class that is an hour in length. The videos are approximately 30 minutes each, so it does make it difficult to cover everything in that period. As the leader's guide points out, it is better to have a 90 minute study. The leader's guide contains very helpful information and questions to ask during each session.
* Journals: The journals are a must if you are doing the study. They help participants stay involved and thinking about following Christ each day. They are somewhat unconventional with what they ask you to do, but being taken outside your comfort zone can force you to look at things a little differently. They could have been enhanced by incorporating more Scripture, but the journal is supposed to be a companion to your own study time. Some of our participants could definitely be described as "fans", so it would have been helpful to have a little guidance in the journal.
* Full-length Video: We watched the full-length video prior to getting into the study. There is a lot of overlap between the full-length video and the small group mini-sessions, but it was useful in order to understand the context and in case somebody missed a week so they understood the continuation of the story. This isn't a "must have".
* Book: The study doesn't really incorporate the use of the book. Several examples from the book are in the small group study, but the same order is not used. We had already purchased the books, so we assigned chapters to read on the side.
Lisa Y5 Stars Out Of 5Not a Fan - DVD Small Group Study KitOctober 28, 2014Lisa YQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Absolutely wonderful! I highly recommend this to any group who needs to open the door to great discussions all about Jesus. Our group has had a hard time with RUNNING OUT OF TIME! lol It is so good that we find ourselves needing more time each week. Our group consists of a mixed group of believers: seasoned to new... all find it fantastic and look forward to each weeks meeting. We are reading the main book separately from the DVD series. We watched the DVD for three weeks, took a break and did a "question & answer" time for any topic from the book they wished to discuss. It worked out so well. Our group has really grown into a close FAMILY of believers!
TreeProf5 Stars Out Of 5Great for groups that hate "homework"...October 23, 2014TreeProfQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5In the middle of the study right now and am LOVING it. From the 1st minutes, the study (which starts each week with a 30-minute episode of a 6-part series) draws you in and makes you think deeply. Nice videography, story, and acting (unlike some "cheesy" Christian films of the past). This is a great study for small groups that are busy with life and don't want to (or simply don't have the time to) have daily homework. Note: there is a journal that the author encourages to be used on a daily basis, but this can be optional and your group members can still be moved to action in their personal lives.
BradInnisfil, ONAge: 35-44Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5I am a fan of Not a Fan!October 4, 2014BradInnisfil, ONAge: 35-44Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Excellent supplementary resource for Idleman's book. I have started a small group with this and it is going fantastically!
pricedale union church5 Stars Out Of 5administrative assistantOctober 3, 2014pricedale union churchAwesome study. Our church loved it!
Q: Could these lessons--along with the teen version --be adapted for children too?
No, the both the adult and teen kits feature illustrations, content, and materials geared primarily for those age groups.
Q: Has anyone done the sermon series while the small group study? Do they coincide with each other?
Yes, the sermon materials in the Pastors kit will coincide with the lessons in the DVD curriculum.
Here is what a customer posted in a review of the Pastor's Kit on our website:
'This kit is a great way to get people really thinking if they are a fan or a follower, and if you do these sermons with the small studies group DVD set it really makes a difference.'
Q: If you are doing the Not a Fan DVD small group study, do you need the book also, or is the study based only on DVD lessons and Follower's Journal?
The study is based on the DVD lessons and the Follower's Journal. While you do not need the book, reading it would definitely add to the experience.
Q: Should you see the movie before the Small group study is started, or are they independent of each other?
CBD stock number WW939833 "Not a Fan: A Follower's Story" is independent of the studies and can be enjoyed before, after, or as a supplement to the study.
Q: What exactly is included in the Not a Fan Bible Study kit? This sounds like a great study to offer; I am ordering the movie to watch with my family but would like to offer it to a group so I wondered what was in the study kit and what additional materials I would need to offer a complete study for others who can benefit from learning how to surrender their lives to Christ.
This kit includes a "Small Group Leader's DVD Tutorial", six 30-minute lessons in cinematic story telling, an easy to follow Leader's Guide for facilitating small groups, and a thought provoking 42 day "Follower's Journal" designed to assist you and your group in the journey.
Q: how many DVDs / episodes does the Not a Fan kit contain? We use Kyle's previous series "H2O" which has 10 episodes for our chapel program (we watch 2-3 per year) and would like to include the Not a Fan series but need to know how many episodes the kit has on DVD to determine if it will fit.
This DVD contains six 30-minute lessons.
Q: what is the recommended age group for this study? We are planning a family retreat in a few months and I was wondering if this would work for all ages or if it is for adults/young adults only. Thanks!
This kit is designed primarily for adults and/or college age young adults. We do have an edition geared towards teens - WW734001 - which you should still be able to use with the DVD.
Other Customers Also Purchased
You'll Get Through This: Hope and Help for Your Turbulent TimesMax LucadoThomas Nelson / 2013 / Hardcover$14.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 30 Reviews
$24.99Save 42% ($10.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW9948473
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Video Curriculum >> Christian Life
- Books >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Video Curriculum
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Video Curriculum
- DVDs >> Church & Pastoral
- DVDs >> Video Curriculum >> Small Group Resources >> Christian Life
- Start A New Search