- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- Biblia Textual
- CEV-Contemporary English Version
- Dios Habla Hoy
- GNT-Good News Translation
- God's Word
- LBLA-Las Americas
- Living Bible
- NAB-New American Bible
- NABRE-New American Bible Revised Edition
- NASB update-New American Standard Update
- NTV-Nueva Traduccion Viviente
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- RSV-Revised Standard Version
- RVR-Reina Valera
- TLA-Traduccion en Lenguaje Actual
- With Apocrypha
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Magnetic Flap
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Self-Pronouncing Text
- Silver Gilding
- Snap Flap
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
- Single-column format with large black-letter type
- Paragraph-style text ideal for easy reading
- Convenient personal size for portability
- New King James Version
- Includes concordance and reading plans
- Gilded page edges
- Ribbon marker
- Presentation page
|Format: Bonded Leather|
Number of Pages: 1798
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2010
Dimensions: 8.75 X 5.75 X 1.50 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Text Layout: Single Column
Text Size: 9-10 Point
Text Color: Black Letter
Other Customers Also Purchased
NKJV Compact Ultraslim Bible--soft leather-look, butterscotchThomas Nelson / Imitation Leather$9.99 Retail:
$24.99Save 60% ($15.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW547868
Twelve Extraordinary Women: How God Shaped Women of the Bible and What He Wants to Do with YouJohn MacArthurThomas Nelson / 2008 / Trade Paperback$5.00 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 45 Reviews
$16.99Save 71% ($11.99)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW280285
Celebrate special occasions with the gift of Gods Word. Choose the perfect gift for any celebration in lifefrom graduation, confirmation, and awards to family and friendshipswith Thomas Nelsons Single-Column Gift Edition Bible. The uncluttered single-column format creates a more natural flow of text, elegantly proportioned for pure reading enjoyment. Select from a variety of colors and bindings, all featuring bright, clean, and easy-to-read pages. Personalize your gift with the recipients name on the cover for a Bible that will be cherished for years to come. Give the gift of Gods Word . . . beautiful meaning, quality craftsmanship, and a timeless treasure.
- Presentation page
- Single-column format
- Large, black-letter type
- Paragraph-style text
- In-text references and explanatory footnotes
- Bible reading plans
- Type Size: 9 point
The New King James VersionMore than 60 million copies sold in 30 years
rodmar3 Stars Out Of 5Text is great, cover not so good.May 14, 2015rodmarQuality: 3Value: 4Meets Expectations: 3The text of this Bible is very readable with its single column. The font is good, and when I open the Bible I like everything about the text. The cover, however, appears to be an ugly greenish color. The covers don't lay flat when the Bible is closed, but stay partially open. The Bible does not lay flat when open. I think it is a good Bible for the price, but I wish I had paid more for something a little nicer.
DD5 Stars Out Of 5GreatFebruary 22, 2015DDQuality: 4Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I have had this Bible for 3- 4 years. I bought it as soon as it came out. I waited several months to get it because they kept coming out with better covers. I bought it at the regular price and thot it was an average price at the time. I bought it because 1. I wanted a NKJV in paragraph format (and showing the poetry), 2. single column, 3. no red lettering, 4. soft cover, 5. onion paper (or similar), and 6. small without study notes for carrying with me. I really love it. I have used it almost exclusively since buying it. The only thing I wish is that it had a genuine leather cover. (This is why I only gave it a 4 for Quality.) Definitely would buy it again.
Anthony4 Stars Out Of 5Good economic readers bible, although I wish they could change the color of the cover and font style.February 2, 2015AnthonyQuality: 3Value: 4Meets Expectations: 3For $ 19.99 I'd say this bible is worth the buy if your looking for a cheap readers bible but keep in mind there are some pros and cons to this bible.
1. readable text format, single column
2. Good font size easy on the eyes
3. Gold Gilded Pages
4. Ideal sized bible; not too big nor too small, just right!
1. The Color of the Cover on the bible; I'm not talking about the bonded leather I think for the price your paying its a great quality cover! I'm talking about the color of the bible that the publishers chose! It says on here that its distressed black but to be honest I don't think the picture on here does it justice, because it looks more like a grey color once you look at it in person. Really wished whoever designed the cover would of just gone with a straight black color. Like a normal black bonded leather cover.
2. The Font Style; this font style look more like Calibri, personally I don't like the font style I would of rather preferred Times New Roman font or something similar to it rather than Calibri. I think if they would of gone with a Times New Roman font style it would of greatly enhanced the reading experience even more! But then again that's just my personal taste.
Glenn MixonWhite Hall, ArkansasAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5NKJV BibleOctober 4, 2014Glenn MixonWhite Hall, ArkansasAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I do love my new Single-column text NKJV Bible. Not only is it easy to read, it is a beautiful Bible that I am proud to own!
one opinionAge: 35-44Gender: female4 Stars Out Of 5An economy Bible with valuable featuresJanuary 31, 2014one opinionAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 2Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5If the current price of this Bible allows you to think of it as an economy Bible, you are not likely to be disappointed.
-It has a glued binding.
-The pages are not set into the binding quite straight.
-The cover is a bit stiff and does not really want to lie open.
-Pages appear to be a bit susceptible to humidity (rumple a bit making them thicker).
But we get what we paid for right!
What really makes this Bible outstanding is its formatting!!!
I would recommend it as a Bible for just sitting and reading.
-The single column format of this Bible especially sets it apart!
-It is also laid out in paragraph format--very nice!
-Chapters are summarized by bold headings,
-Songs, poetry, many quotes of God, etc are nicely inset.
-The margins, only about a half inch, are completely blank.
-Footnotes are few (but helpful); therefore, the text is not cluttered.
-The spacing between lines is relaxed.
-For my eyes that boarder on needing bifocals, the print is the perfect size. I can not tell you what the font is. But if you look at the sample pages and can adjust the size of the image until the text between the top of the page heading and the bottom of the page number is about 7 & 11/16ths inch, then you will be able to see about how large the print is.
-the words of Christ are not in red
-there are no maps
You may also be interested to know that the bonded leather copy I received smells like leather, it does not have that earthy/moldy smell for which bonded leather is sometimes notorious.
Q: Are the words of Christ in red in this bible
No, this is a black-letter edition.
Q: Is this Bible smyth-sewn? What is the weight of this item?
No, this Bible is not Smyth-Sewn. It weighs about 2.4 pounds.