KJV 1611 Bible 400th Anniversary Edition, Hardcover
- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- CEV-Contemporary English Version
- ICB-International Children's Bible
- God's Word
- NAB-New American Bible
- NASB update-New American Standard Update
- NCV-New Century Version
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- RVR-Reina Valera
- The Voice
- TNIV-Today's New International Version
- With Apocrypha
- NLV-New Life Version
- TEV-Today's English Version
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Magnetic Flap
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Self-Pronouncing Text
- Silver Gilding
- Snap Flap
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Celebrating the 400th anniversary of the 1611 King James Version Bible
For over 400 years, the Authorized Version of the Bible—popularly known as the King James Version—has been beloved for its majestic phrasing and stately cadences. No other book has so profoundly influenced our language and our theology.
Over time, however, the text has suffered subtle and occasionally troublesome alterations. This attractive edition preserves the original 1611 edition. Word for word and page for page, the text with its original marginal notes, preface ("The Translators to the Reader"), and other introductory material appear as they first did. The sole concession to modernity is a far more readable roman typeface set by nineteenth-century master printers. Elegantly bound with old-world quality craftsmanship, this is the perfect edition of the incomparable King James Version for study and for sheer enjoyment.
- Word-for-word facsimile of the original 1611 Authorized Version
- Handsome page design with clearer modern type and decorative initials is convenient to read and reference
- The text is complete with the Apocrypha, and the original preface and translators' notes. Alfred Pollard's classic essay on pre-1611 English translations and the history of the Authorized Version is also included.
- Ribbon marker
- Presentation page
- 7-point text size
- 8.50" x 5.50" x 1.25"
Number of Pages: 1534
Vendor: Hendrickson Publishers
Dimensions: 8.75 X 5.75 X 1.5 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
References: Side Column
Text Layout: Double Column
KJV 1611 Bible Without Apocrypha, 400th Anniversary Edition Deluxe HardcoverHendrickson Publishers / Hardcover$26.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$39.95Save 32% ($12.96)Availability: Expected to ship on or about 03/18/15.CBD Stock No: WW564655
KJV 1611 Bible 400th Anniversary Edition Genuine Leather, BlackHendrickson Publishers / Genuine Leather$52.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 38 Reviews
$79.95Save 34% ($26.96)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW631625
400th Anniversary Edition
For 400 years, the Authorized Version of the Biblepopularly known as the King James Versionhas been beloved for its majestic phrasing and stately cadences. No other book has so profoundly influenced our language and our theology. Over time, however, the text has suffered subtle and occasionally troublesome alterations. This edition preserves the original 1611 printing. Word for word and page for page, the text with its original marginal notes, preface, and other introductory material appears as it first did. The sole concession to modernity is a far more readable roman typeface set by nineteenth-century master printers.
"A valuable and essential addition to every Bible library."
John R. Kohlenberger III
• Original preface and translators notes
• Alfred Pollard's classic essay on pre-1611 English translations and the history of the Authorized Version
• New essays on the enduring impact of the KJV and the Apocrypha
• Handsome page design with decorative initials
• Page-edge gilding and ribbon marker (genuine leather only)
• Clear type is convenient to read and reference
• Special logo on book spine and packaging commemorates the 400th Anniversary
• Includes the Apocrypha
Lady Blue5 Stars Out Of 5The King James Bible 1611October 4, 2014Lady BlueQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5History at its finest.
Minix5 Stars Out Of 5GoodOctober 2, 2014MinixQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5The realest and most true and accurate bible version.
Sarah5 Stars Out Of 5GreatAugust 23, 2014SarahQuality: 4Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5A Great companion study Bible.
IkelPennsylvaniaAge: Over 65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5ExcellentDecember 28, 2013IkelPennsylvaniaAge: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This edition is a very valuable addition to my biblical library. The Bibliographical Introduction alone is extremely important, and is one of the best presentations of the history of the English Bible that I have ever read. The 1611 calendar and almanac pages are invaluable in the labor of reconciling the Jewish (biblical) and Gregorian calendars, to which I have devoted a great deal of time and effort.
JennyDenton, TXAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5A good reference guideDecember 2, 2013JennyDenton, TXAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 4Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I recommend this Bible to be used as a study guide to the Bible you usually use. I discovered that some words in the KJV and NKJV were added in 1947, which is totally unacceptable. The original scripture has shown that they don't have or talk about anything remotely the same as in the up to date Bibles. I urge everyone to study the original scripture for the full meaning of what God was saying during this time!
Q: Is this a red letter bible? Are the words of Christ in red?
No, this is not a red-letter edition.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Never Say Diet: Make Five Decisions and Break the Fat Habit for GoodChantel HobbsWaterBrook Press / 2008 / Trade Paperback$1.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 17 Reviews
$13.99Save 86% ($12.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW444936