- All Products
- Kids Devotionalshttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1110172&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- Grade Level
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
Number of Pages: 384
Vendor: Tommy Nelson
Publication Date: 2010
Dimensions: 7.50 X 5.50 X 1.00 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Hinds' Feet on High Places: Illustrated and Arranged for ChildrenHannah Hurnard5 Stars Out Of 5 22 ReviewsSave 25%
Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence - Devotions for Every Day of the YearSarah Young5 Stars Out Of 5 874 ReviewsSave 50%Video
Devotions written as if Jesus is speaking directly to a child's heart.
Based on her original Jesus Calling, this version has been adapted in a language and fashion that kids and tweens can relate to their everyday lives.
After many years of writing in her prayer journal, missionary Sarah Young decided to listen to God with pen in hand, writing down what she believed He was saying to her through Scripture. Others were blessed as she shared her writings, until people all over the world were using her devotionals. They are written from Jesus point of view, thus the title Jesus Calling. It is Sarahs fervent prayer that our Savior may bless readers, and now young readers, with His presence and His peace in ever deeper measure.
Common Core Standards:
- R.CCR.1 Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text;
- R.CCR.2 Determine central ideas or themes of a text and analyze their development; summarize the key supporting details and ideas;
- R.CCR.6 Assess how point of view or purpose shapes the content and style of a text;
- SL.CCR.1 Prepare for and participate effectively in a range of conversations and collaborations with diverse partners, building on others' ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively;
- SL.CCR.2 Integrate and evaluate information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally
Sarah Young is quietly leading millions on a journey of intimacy with Christ. She has been featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Christianity Today and has sold ove r10 million books worldwide. Jesus Today received the 2013 ECPA Christian Book of the Year award. Sarah and her husband lived overseas for decades, counseling and planting churches in Japan and Australia. They currently live in the US.